Advocacy and Impact
The Program for Maternal Health Equity is passionate about conducting innovative research and developing partnerships that inform policies and practices to create a more equitable health care system for birthing families.
We are committed to solution-focused research and policy interventions by:
- Leveraging internal and external health system resources to bridge gaps in the continuum of perinatal care for research program participants and patients
- Highlighting patient input by braiding in the shared-lived experience of community members as a path to informing research structures and methodologies
- Working to reform and challenge healthcare system policies and practices to repair and mitigate harms caused by institutional and systemic racism
- Uniting with local organizations to promote and support the eradication of racial inequities within health systems
- Applying for funding that supports community, research, and reproductive justice frameworks and efforts